8.13.2009

{quilt of the week}

One of my favorite things are quilts! Thanks to my lovely grandma, I have a nice little collection of vintage quilts going! She has a HUGE collection {which I often drool over} but she enjoys giving me one or two every now and then!
















This pink one shown is very old and was the first quilt my grandma ever gave to me. I loved it so much and I'm pretty sure I reminded her often. I was in a "butterfly" phase at the time and thought the quilt should be mine. It's very fragile... I was so happy when she decided to trust me with this oldie!

Quilts are so beautiful and cozy. I admire all the hard work and the love that is put in to them. I also love thinking about the history of my quilts... who used it, who made it, where has it been, where did it come from, what has it gone through!? Some are shredding to pieces and I know they've been around the block a few times.

I'm going to try and do something new and display some of my collections, starting with my quilts! I'll call it "Quilt of the Week" ... if you want to join in, please do and tell your friends to as well! I would love to see all your beautiful collections and hear any stories that you have about them!

I would love to know where you keep them, how you display them, where did get them? Whats their story! Why are they special to you?


Link your quilts here...

6 comments:

Dionne said...

I have quilt-envy. I don't have any pretty quilts! My mum and grandma spent all their time cooking, so no sewn quilts handed down to me. Waaah.

{ L } said...

I LOVE quilts too! Recently my mom went to Amish country and bought a couple handmade ones and I sooo wanted one. This is a fun post idea!! I'm looking forward to seeing your collection, this will be fun. I left a link to one of my very first blog posts. It was about one of my quilts. One of these days I will have to send you a picture of the quilt my mom made for my wedding to use as our bedspread. I can't wait to see YOURS! And what a special collection to have. <3

Rachel Follett said...

Beautiful butterfly quilt. I wish I had the patience to make one.

Ashley said...

This butterfly quilt is so colorful and well-made. I absolutely love it. It reminds me of my great-grandmother, Shorty ( who I named my shop after). She was a lover for all thing handmade, including some of the prettiest quilts I've ever seen. Lovely post!

the undomesticated wife said...

Very cool quilt! I love quilts as well. They are special!

I'll be back to link up with a collection!

Karli @ RockyBella said...

I love quilts. I have a few quilts that mean a lot to me. I love the butterflies. I can see why you fell in love with it - very unique and special. This post made me smile. =)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

From: Charmaine!

From: Ms. Attitude!

From: Crystal!

From: Charmaine!

From: Charmaine!

From: Gari-Ann!

From: Charmaine!

From: La Donna!

What do you wear on your lips most of the time?

Free Web Counter
Free Counter http://lovelycharmingwhimsical.blogspot.com/