3.07.2009

Grey Gardens

Grey Gardens is a documentary made in 1975 that follows the lives of Edith and Edith Bouvier Beale. An old mother and her middle-aged daughter, who are the aunt and first cousin of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. They live their eccentric lives in a filthy, decaying mansion in East Hampton.

If you haven't seen it, you have GOT TO rent it. But, I must say you will probably want to take a shower after watching it! It's that disgusting! It is soooooooooo weird and intriguing though... just my kind of movie!

On April 18th, HBO will be airing the new Grey Gardens played by Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lange who will play the mother and daughter debutantes who become reclusive, refuse to wash and let their 50 cats rule the house as their wealth dwindles.

If you haven't seen the original one, I suggest you rent it before watching the new one! I can't wait, I'm so excited to see how they portray them in the new movie, I heard they tried to make everything as accurate as possible by filling in the blanks from old letters and diary's.

OFFICIAL FAN SITE!




6 comments:

i.d. said...

Sounds intriguing! I can't believe you find time to read and watch all these books and movies - I still have a pile of books I've been meaning to read since Christmas...it's shameful!

Lauren Kelly said...

Thanks, this should definitely be very interesting!

kari and kijsa said...

Sounds so interesting!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

{ L } said...

How fascinating! I am going to look into this. Thanks for sharing. <3

the undomesticated wife said...

Haven't heard of it..sounds interesting!

Dionne said...

Disgusting? Hmmmmm... i wonder what you mean by that. But I do love watching anything based on a true story. Any life that's remarkable enough to have a movie based on it definitely piques my curiosity.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

From: Charmaine!

From: Ms. Attitude!

From: Crystal!

From: Charmaine!

From: Charmaine!

From: Gari-Ann!

From: Charmaine!

From: La Donna!

What do you wear on your lips most of the time?

Free Web Counter
Free Counter http://lovelycharmingwhimsical.blogspot.com/