12.23.2008

Found Dog















UPDATE AT BOTTOM OF POST!

I don't know how it always happens to me but I find dogs all of the time. Probably because I'm a huge dog lover and can't let a dog wander around alone if I see him out and about. Usually the dogs have tags so I'm able to contact the owners right away but not always, not today.

I found a precious, precious little girl today soaking wet and with no collar. I want to keep her so bad. Of course I'm trying to find her owners but if for some reason no one is looking for her, I want her and I don't know how I could convince my husband of this.

I placed a couple of ads on Craigslist, called my local vets, put up signs where I found her. I did everything that I could to help the owners of this lost dog contact me. I hope someone is looking for her and I hope she comes from a good home. She is sweet and so young and looks as though she has had puppies. She was starving when I found her and is on the thin side too. She loves to play with toys and lays in my dogs bed so she probably has a bed of her own somewhere.

The ironic thing is, last year on Christmas day I found my dog Sadie. She was out wandering around on a busy road and I finally caught her, brought her home and tried to contact her owners but no one wanted to claim her so she is mine now and I love her. Funny that this happened to me again almost exactly one year later!

I'll update this post when the owners contact me.

UPDATE: After spending 4 days with me, Molly went home. I am so sad to see her go, she was so sweet and adorable and I got too attached. I don't know why it took her owners 4 days to call me, they live on the same road that I even had a sign up. It was kind of odd, they didn't seem too upset about having their dog gone for 4 days and being gone on Christmas. I miss her so much already! :o(

9 comments:

the undomesticated wife said...

Hmm....maybe Carmen sent her to you! For Christmas! ;)

I *always* find dogs, too! Always! And I'm just like you...I can't let a dog wander. Anything could happen...they could get hit by a car, attacked by animals, taken to the pound and put to sleep...

I feel that if I can get them and find their owners, I should. After all, I'd hope someone would do the same for me if one of my dogs was lost.

Unfortunately, VERY few of the dogs I've found have not had tags. Some even had collars but no tags! What is the point of that?! Tags cost a mere $5 people! Get one!

Maybe you could take her to a vet (any one would work) and get her scanned to see if she's microchipped.

And if you can't find her owners, tell your husband you want to keep her and give her a good home in Carmen's honor. How could he resist that? ;)

I'm glad to see another good person out there who will watch out for the furbabies out there! I knew I liked you! ;)

Åsa said...

BIG thanks for your wonderful gifts in La Boudoirs swap! I just drank coffee in your "A" coffee cup. :-)
I'll put up some pictures on my blog in a couple of days.

Wishing you great times over the Holidays and New Year!

Hugs & kisses from Åsa in Sweden

LENORENEVERMORE said...

You are an angel...especially for the k9 world ;) Merry Christmas!!!

Ms. Tee said...

Awww...how sweet. Merry Christmas to you! :)

charmaine said...

Merry Christmas Brandi! you have got to be the sweetest person. that's amazing, almost exactly a year later. i think God is sending you animals that need help because He knows that you'll care for them.God Bless you for doing that. i hope you and your family are having a Merry Christmas as we celebrate our Saviors birth.talk to you soon!

God Bless,
Charmaine

nathalie said...

i know how that goes. i have found my share of run away pets and it seems like owners are not too worried about them. if lost my girl i'd going crazy. good thing you were able to keep this precious dog and return it to its home.

Tracey McBride said...

Oh Cali Girl...you are such a kind hearted soul...I wish the world had more people like you. I too am prone to attract strays. At one time I was feeding seven cats each morning from paper plates...and only 2 were my own...eventually two more were made part of our family...and homes found for the other sweet kitties. The black lab you found (or she probably found you ;) looks so much like my dog growing up. How blessed little Molly was to find you to care for her. You know, my dad found a dog once, brought it home, put an ad out and found the owners. In the meantime, he really became attached to the dog, so when the owners took the dog home, my dad said to be sure to keep his # and call him if they ever needed to find a home. Sure enough, a year or so later, they were forced to move from a house to a condo w/no yard (this was a big St. Bernard mix) and my dad adopted him. His name was Big Ben :) and he was just about the sweetest dog you could ever meet. He lived to a very old age of 14 (which is really old for large dogs, as you probably know). Okay, I am rambling! God bless you for your kind heart. Sorry this is so long.
Warmly,
Tracey

Kathryn said...

I am that way with Cats. I love cats. Did ya ask the owners why it took them so long??

Oh and how did you change your comments to say Hugs & Kisses? I want to change mine to say "Creative Souls".
Thank you.

Kathryn said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and answering my question. That was so easy!! And to think I spent HOURS the other day trying to edit the HTML! Thanks again!
Artful Blessings,
Kathryn

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

From: Charmaine!

From: Ms. Attitude!

From: Crystal!

From: Charmaine!

From: Charmaine!

From: Gari-Ann!

From: Charmaine!

From: La Donna!

What do you wear on your lips most of the time?

Free Web Counter
Free Counter http://lovelycharmingwhimsical.blogspot.com/