10.19.2008

puppy silhouettes

My husband is very funny about me bothering with his stuff, especially when I want to change his decorating.

At the top of our steps is an area where he had some pictures and stuff on the wall, I hated it sooo much! This was here before we got married and he refused to let me touch it.

Little by little he tends to let me change things but it does not come easy. I always have to tell him exactly what I want to do and exactly where what is going to go. It's so frustrating because no matter how hard to I try to explain anything, he can't quite see my vision. He usually ends up liking what I do but it's never an easy process!

He is currentlty out of town so I took it upon myself to change things up. Take a look at the before and after.

I recently did some silhouetts of my dogs, they aren't quite finished but this will do until I get them fully done.

I think it looks much better but doesn't it seem a little bare now? Or was it just so over the top before that I haven't quite adjusted... hehe.

BEFORE:













AFTER:

8 comments:

kate said...

I actually think it looks not AS bare.

Definitely a huge improvement! Cute!

the undomesticated wife said...

Wow, I love it! I think it looks so awesome!

How exactly did you do the silos? I want to try that!

belladella said...

So much better! I find the secret is somehow making him think it was his idea. That's tough, though. Have a great day! :)

Ms. Tee said...

Your puppy silhouettes are so cute! You should do a tutorial. :)

allaboutpretty said...

Hi Brandi, thanks so much for popping by my blog for a visit. Sorry I'm just getting back to you now, I get so behind sometimes, please forgive me. How is Carmen doing? He's such a sweet fur baby! I'll keep him in my prayers, I can totally relate about pets being like children, they are such an important part of the family. I'll pop back to visit soon. God bless, Laura

Holli said...

Hi, I found your blog while visiting another. I love your list of things you can't live without. I must say I love you silos, I also have a puppy that I adore.
Always,
Holli

sparkled*life said...

I love it there is a huge difference! Go girl go!

Katy said...

Hey! I found your blog while visiting another. I just want to say I love the puppy silhouettes. How exactly did you do that? I'm so sorry for your loss. We have a fur baby as well, that is 10 years old. I can't imagine what that day will be like for me when it comes. I hope your heart heals soon.
Katy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

From: Charmaine!

From: Ms. Attitude!

From: Crystal!

From: Charmaine!

From: Charmaine!

From: Gari-Ann!

From: Charmaine!

From: La Donna!

What do you wear on your lips most of the time?

Free Web Counter
Free Counter http://lovelycharmingwhimsical.blogspot.com/