10.07.2008

My dear baby Carmen!

My dear dog Carmen is suffering with cancer, he is not doing very well at all. The last couple of days have not been easy, I took him into the hospital this morning and his oncologist said I should consider putting him to sleep now. I have not prepared myself for this. He is my baby. I have had him since he was 6 weeks old and he is now 11. I love him as if he was my child. This is so hard to bare.

I brought him back home with me so I can pray about what I should do and so I can be by his side and see how he does in the next 24 hours. He was disagonsed in June and although his health has been slowly getting worse, his personality hasn't changed, his playfulness, his appetite, nothing has changed until just recently when he took a turn for the worse and now he wont barely move, eat, drink, he is so sick! He is currently on heavy pain medication and sleeping next to me.

Please pray that the Lord will comfort him, comfort me and help me be at peace with what to do and with the whole situation. I am so heartbroken and sad! I have to leave in a bit for a couple of hours and I dread leaving his side. Please keep my baby in your prayers as he goes through this. Thank you.

UPDATE: 10/08/08 1:17 PM
I just want to say Carmen is improving every minute. More energy, eating and drinking on his own now... his appetite is coming back! THANK YOU!!! Prayer works! He is still very sick and very weak but he's doing better! Thank you Jesus! I love you Lord, please heal my baby! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.





11 comments:

the undomesticated wife said...

I literally have tears in my eyes for you right now. I've been through this (and my dog was 10 as well and had prostate cancer). It's so heartbreaking. Have you sought out alternative therapy, from, say, a holistic vet? I've read stories where they have been able to help in some cases.

I'm so sorry you are facing this. It's not easy. It down right sucks. I will say a prayer for you and Carmen right now. And I will continue to do so.

I wish I could hug you.

Now I need to go wipe my eyes before my coworkers wonder what is going on.

I'm so sorry Brandi. I hate this. It's not fair.

Can I suggest something though? You could do this sooner than I did. The day we took Booger in to be put down, I cut a few strands of his fur and put it in a tiny little bottle. I also took some "last photos" with him. I cooked (and I don't cook!) him chicken and rice, because I knew he's love it. One thing I didn't get to do was make a pawprint (either with ink and paper, or an impression with clay).

These things really helped me later.

I hope he can be with you for a while longer, but if not, know that you gave him a wonderful life.

I'm so sorry. :( :( :(

((hugs))

charmaine said...

Hi Brandi. i am so sorry and i know this is not easy.i am praying to the Lord for your strength at this time. a pet is not just a pet but a loyal, loving family member. i can't imagine what you are going through but what i can do is pray for you. know that God is with you doing this hard time and He will never leave you. He will give you peace and comfort. i will keep your sweet Carmen in my prayers. i'm so sorry that you are going through this. i Pray that he will get better. God Bless Carmen.

When you walk through a storm,
Hold your head up high,
And don't be afraid of the dark.
At the end of a storm,
There's a golden sky,
And the sweet silver song of a lark.
Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain,
Though your dreams be tossed and blown...
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone.......
You'll never walk alone.
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone.......
You'll never walk alone.

from prayersforpets.org
Brandi, God be with you and Carmen

God Bless,
charmaine

the undomesticated wife said...

Still praying for you girl! I thought about you a lot last night. ((hugs))

. said...

I thank you all so very much, I will write you all more soon.

sparkled*life said...

Dogs so become part of a family! I will be thinking of you in these next days for sure!

the undomesticated wife said...

I'm glad to see your update! I'm still saying lots of prayers for you and Carmen!!!

xoxo
Gari-Ann

the undomesticated wife said...

Hey Brandi, I know you are tied up with Carmen, but I gave you an award. Come "pick it up" when you have the time. :)

La Donna Welter said...

Sending you and your baby love, prayers and big hugs.

Ms. Tee said...

I'm so sorry about your sweet dog. I'll be praying for you... {{{hugs}}}

Dawn Gahan said...

Will keep Carmen in my prayers. They truly are family.

Dawn

Screaming Meme said...

Im so sorry...I hope you are healing from the loss

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

From: Charmaine!

From: Ms. Attitude!

From: Crystal!

From: Charmaine!

From: Charmaine!

From: Gari-Ann!

From: Charmaine!

From: La Donna!

What do you wear on your lips most of the time?

Free Web Counter
Free Counter http://lovelycharmingwhimsical.blogspot.com/