9.26.2008

An Award... or two! And... Kelly Wearstler!

I received my first blog award! This was a sweet surprise! THANK YOU La Donna Welter! She is one of my new blog friends... she is one sweet lady and quite creative too! Be sure to check out her beautiful blog!

Here are the rules for this award:
1. Please put the logo on your blog. 2. Link the person from whom you received the award. 3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs. 4. Put the links of those blogs on your blog. 5. Leave a message on their blogs to tell them.

I nominate the following because I truly love their blogs and find so much inspiration and beauty in them...
1. Beautiful Things to Share
2. My Romantic Home
3. Warm Pie, Happy Home
4. This is Glamorous
5. Lilla Trollbacken
6. Brilliant Asylum
7. Modern Country









UPDATE! I just received this thoughtful award again from my dear friend Charmaine at Beautiful Things to Share! Thank you very, very much! Please check out her blog, it is one beautiful post after another!!!

..............................................................................................
Next Subject! Do you know Kelly Wearstler?

I didn't know who she was until I started watching Top Design. She is beautiful and I find her quite intriquing! Check out these walls of plates that she has done... AMAZING! I'm in love. I am really wanting to do something like this in my house! I guess I need to start collecting some plates!


















Her Bio if interested:
Recognized among design aficionados and contemporary culture devotees for her enchanting take on interiors and the luxury lifestyle, Kelly Wearstler has fine-tuned contemporary notions of elegance since establishing her firm, Kelly Wearstler Inc., a decade ago. She returns to sit on the panel of judges for the second season of Top Design.

Dubbed one of the design world's top tastemakers by House & Garden and honored among House Beautiful's best designers for seven years running, Wearstler has re-imagined the visual landscape on a diverse array of award-winning projects. In addition to international resorts and hotels throughout the United States, the Caribbean and Mexico, she has designed select offices, restaurants, retail environments and residences that are frequently profiled in travel, lifestyle and magnetize design cognoscenti around the world. Currently, Wearstler is preparing the lifestyle and design experiences for six hotel residence projects, which are underway in Miami, Anguilla, Mexico's Riviera Maya and Vietnam.

Wearstler's debut monograph Modern Glamour: The Art of Unexpected Style was a Los Angeles Times bestseller. A follow-up book for Regan Books, titled Domicilium Decoratus, featuring the designer's former Beverly Hills residence, was initially published in 2005 as a deluxe, limited-edition folio; a general edition followed in 2006. Several additional volumes on design and lifestyle are underway for publication as the decade continues. A regular contributor on living with style to such fashion bibles as Harper's Bazaar, Elle and W, Wearstler was named one of the best dressed of 2007 by Vogue.

As the namesake and creator of several product lines, Wearstler enjoys sharing her signature style with design professionals and discriminating retail shoppers. Fall 2007 marked the opening of the Kelly Wearstler boutique at Bergdorf Goodman. The boutique showcases a range of decorative home accessories designed by Wearstler exclusively for the legendary store. An extensive collection of handmade carpets for The Rug Company debuted in Spring 2008, with a fabric and trim collection for Groundworks at Lee Jofa to follow in Summer/Fall 2008. Wearstler will also design a book of fine wallcoverings with famed hand printer Cole & Son, set to debut in early 2009. Decorative pillows, throws, table linens, bedding, tabletop and more will soon join this portfolio of home products.

A native of South Carolina, Wearstler received her BFA from the Massachusetts College of Art. She resides in Beverly Hills, California.

Extra tidbit: Kelly is on the cover of the October 2008 domino.

14 comments:

Cindy ~ My Romantic Home said...

Thank you for the award!!! I'll put it on my blog later this weekend!

I love those plates on the wall!

Ruthann said...

Thank you Brandi for the award! WoooooHooooo! I am so glad you like coming over for some "Homemaking Pie"! I wanted to ask how things were going...email me sometime!
Hugs, Ruthann

the undomesticated wife said...

congrats!

I love the color of the white plates on that chacoal-ish wall, they really pop.

charmaine said...

wow! thank you Brandi. this is my first award, i am truly touched. i really do appreciate this. you have truly made my day! i also love that fabulous wall of plates.

thank you again,
God Bless,
Charmaine

Ms. Tee said...

Wow, that's a lot of plates - pretty! :)

La Donna Welter said...

I do love the look of the plates...beautiful! Also, I noticed the detail on the wing chair....I'm getting ideas!
Hugs,
La Donna

charmaine said...

Hi brandi! it's me again. now, i don't know if this is breaking the rules, but i can't list 7 blogs and yours is not on the list. so, i have chosen you for this same award. your blog is one of my favorites. so , i hope that you will accept this award from me. you have truly been an inspiration! so now you should have two of those logos on your blog.stop by and get your award.

God Bless,
Charmaine

charmaine said...

hi brandi! i got your message. i'm going to try to email you this evening.so, look for an email.

God Bless,
Charmaine

charmaine said...

Brandi, i sent you an email, i hope you got it. please let me know if you received it or not.

God Bless,
charmaine

Joy said...

Congrats on the awards!
The wall of plates is amazing.

Brilliant Asylum said...

Brandi, You made my weekend. Thank you for the nice shout out. The design blog community is so creative in their support of one another it makes me proud to be a part of it.

Btw, these plate configurations blow me away. My husband always says plates on the wall are lame and too traditional--wait until he sees these.

Dawn Gahan said...

Brandi,

Believe it or not I had a fellow blogger who asked for the owl as soon as this post went up. I won't tell the story of why she wanted it as I'm not sure how personal it is to her. Suffice it to say, I am boxing it up this week and sending it off. I hope she posts about it (and I'll make sure to tell you if she does), since the story of me buying the owl and promising it a good home took on a whole new meaning after hearing this gal's story. It's one of those happenings that you know God looked down and smiled on.

Dawn

Dawn

mollyandmarshal said...

I love her designs! That huge wall of plates is amazing!

Miss Kris said...

Lovely Post! I love the wall of plates!

Thanks for sharing! ^_^

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

From: Charmaine!

From: Ms. Attitude!

From: Crystal!

From: Charmaine!

From: Charmaine!

From: Gari-Ann!

From: Charmaine!

From: La Donna!

What do you wear on your lips most of the time?

Free Web Counter
Free Counter http://lovelycharmingwhimsical.blogspot.com/