During your next Quiet Time (time alone with God) ask yourself these challenging questions. They were asked each day by members of John Wesley’s Holy Club in their private devotions.
1. Am I consciously or unconsciously creating the impression that
I am a better person than I really am? In other words, am I a
2. Am I honest in all my acts and words, or do I exaggerate?
3. Do I confidentially pass on what was told to me in confidence?
4. Can I be trusted?
5. Am I a slave to dress, friends, work, or habit?
6. Am I self-conscious, self-pitying, or self-justifying?
7. Did the Bible live in me today?
8. Do I give God time to speak to me everyday?
9. Am I enjoying prayer?
10. When did I last speak to someone else about my faith?
11. Do I pray about the money I spend?
12. Do I get to bed on time and get up on time?
13. Do I disobey God in anything?
14. Do I insist in doing something in which my conscience is
15. Am I defeated in any part of my life?
16. Am I jealous, impure, irritable, touchy, or distrustful?
17. How do I spend my spare time?
18. Am I proud?
19. Do I thank God I am not as other people, especially as the
Pharisees who despised the publican?
20. Is there anyone I fear, dislike, criticize, or resent? If so,
what am I doing about it?
21. Do I grumble and complain constantly?
22. Is Christ real to me today?
Free Counter http://lovelycharmingwhimsical.blogspot.com/